What I’ve been reading (or meaning to read) this week:
- The Effect of the Texas 10% Law on Applications, Admissions, Enrollment and Student Outcomes – Regression Discontinuity Evidence
- The Texas Ten Percent Plan’s Impact on College Enrollment: Students go to public universities instead of private ones
- The government wants Silicon Valley to build terrorist-spotting algorithms. But is it possible?
- Discovering Unwarranted Associations in Data-Driven Applications with the FairTest Testing Toolkit
- Classifier Technology and the Illusion of Progress